Travel Award Submission is now OPEN
The Association for Pathology Informatics Summit 2020 Travel Awards provide stipends for trainees to attend the Pathology Informatics Summit 2020 at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center, Pittsburgh, PA on May 18-21, 2020.
About the Award
The travel award is intended to offset the costs of attending the Informatics Summit for trainees to increase involvement in pathology informatics community. Accordingly, the Association of Pathology Informatics is happy to announce that up to 11 travel awards will be funded, with a maximum reimbursement of $1,200 each (including the cost of registration for PI Summit).
Applicants must be trainees in an official training program. The trainees supervisor must be willing to document the trainees status in writing in order to be eligible for the award (see application guidelines below). All applicants will be considered regardless of age, race, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, or religion. Trainees may include:
- Residents in a training program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)
- Fellows in Pathology Informatics Fellowships, Clinical Informatics Fellowships, other Pathology Subspecialty Fellowships, or fellowships in related fields.
- Masters, pre-doctoral and post-doctoral students
Applicants are required to submit the following information via this application form.
- Phone Number
- Training Institution
- Training Institution Address & Phone Number
- Type of training program
- Expected degree or certification at the completion of training
- Start Date of Training (month and year)
- Anticipated Completion Date of Training (month and year)
- Name of training director
- Training Director's e-mail address
In addition to the information above, applicants must also submit the following documentation:
- Current curriculum vitae
- A statement of less than 500 words from the trainee which includes:
- The trainees career goals and interest in pathology informatics and information management
- The trainees understanding of the importance of informatics management as it relates to pathology or bioinformatics
- reasons why the Pathology Informatics 2020 conference support is necessary for the applicant to attend the conference
- A supporting letter must accompany all applications from the applicants training director, department chair or dean. The letter must list the trainees qualifications for the award, current training status, how he/she expects that the knowledge will be utilized and reasons why it is important that the trainee attend the conference.
- All applicants are encouraged to submit an abstract to the conference. Submission of an abstract will be favorably viewed during consideration for the awards. Abstracts should present the trainees research findings in the various areas of pathology informatics. Abstract submission must be done using the Pathology Informatics electronic submission mechanism. All abstracts must adhere to the submission compliance and formatting guidelines. Please see the "Submit an Abstract" link at the top of the home page.
Submit your information explained above to Beth Gibson, Conference Manager, either by e-mail or US Mail.
Abstract Submission Deadline: 11:59 PM on March 1, 2020
Pathology Informatics 2020 Conference
Informatics Award / ATTN.: Beth Gibson
Department of Pathology Informatics
2800 Plymouth Rd, Bldg 35
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Travel Award recipients are approved by the Association for Pathology Informatics (API) Council. Factors to be considered include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Applicants level of experience, knowledge and understanding of the importance of information management to pathology and bioinformatics
- Recommendation of the training director, Department Chair or Dean
- Value of attending the conference to the applicant
- Submission of an abstract and quality of the submitted abstract
- While preference will be given to applicants who have not previously received travel awards, receipt of a prior travel award should not deter anyone from applying for the award