Introduction to R Workshop
The Association for Pathology Informatics is pleased to offer a new beginner's workshop on the statistical programming language R to take place on the first day of the upcoming 2019 API Summit. R is a scalable tool that enables data analytics and graphics, and when mastered can be used for machine learning, image analysis, business intelligence, and much more!
This introductory R workshop aims to teach participants with minimal programming experience the basics of the R statistical programming language for reproducible laboratory data analytics. R is a freely available programming environment that is aimed squarely at common activities in data analysis including complex data manipulation, statistical analysis, automation, and robust visualization. We will introduce basic concepts of R programming as well as more generalizable best practices in working with laboratory data.
Particularly for learners without computer programming skills, learning basic principles can be a challenge. By introducing basic tasks such as importing files, performing calculations, and generating plots, attendees will gain comfort with programming concepts and develop tools for lifelong learning.
At the conclusion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- List the key features of reproducibility in clinical data analysis
- Use R to perform routine analyses of laboratory operational and quality data
- Create simple reproducible reports using R to support clinical laboratory operational needs
The Introduction to R Workshop is limited to 30 people and requires separate pre-registration. The cost of the workshop is:
- Introduction to R Workshop WITH PI Summit 2019 registration: $200
- Introduction to R Workshop WITHOUT PI Summit 2019 registration: $300
- Trainees (medical students, residents, fellows) with or without PI Summit 2019 registration: $50